Photo Information | Digital Photo Info
First things first – Copyrights! Submitted photos must be your own private property. If not, copyrights must be obtained with legal permission from the owner before uploading images for reproduction. By using our site for photos, you certify that you are entitled to use the uploaded photos in this manner.
How to Upload Your Images
1. From the product page of a photo item, click on the “Browse” button to locate and upload your image.
2. After upload, an image of your photo will appear on the product screen.
3. You will also see an image quality value indicated as Good, Better or Best. This is an approximate quality value based on the image uploaded and the size of the item you want to put it on (think dog tags vs. doormats!)
4. Add a description of your image for our production team. This description is not printed on the personalized gift. It only serves as a reference for producing your order.
Please refer to our Image Requirements below for more information.
JPG and GIF.
We recommend using JPG formats. (GIF images will not reproduce as well as
other formats because of color compression.)
For the best results, your photograph should meet these four requirements.
- Subject Matter. The main subject of your photo should occupy a minimum of 50-80% of the entire photograph (i.e. a closeup of a face).
- Picture Quality. The quality of the photo (i.e. clarity, brightness, spottiness) will affect the final product. If your photo is blurry, the end product will be blurry, (and cannot be returned). If there are white flash spots on the faces in your image, the white spots will appear even brighter in your end product.
- Contrast. The main subject of your photo should be noticeably different in color/contrast from the background within the photo (i.e. it is difficult to see a black cat sitting on a black sofa in a dark room).
- No Fancy Stuff. Do not use photographs which have professionally printed borders, fading, snow effects or even vignetted borders. Use the original image.
* The upload time will depend on the file size and your internet connection speed. Please be patient when uploading a large image.
* Please use the best-quality image possible. See the chart below for recommended file sizes for the product you are ordering. If your image is below the minimum resolution requirements, you will need to provide a higher resolution image to complete your order.
|Product||Print Size (approx)||Good Resolution (min)||Better Resolution (min)||Best Resolution (min)|
|Address Label||1 x 1 or 3 x 1||300 x 300||500 x 500||700 x 700|
|Key Chain||2.25 x 2.25||300 x 300||500 x 500||700 x 700|
|Photo Tie||3 x 2||300 x 300||500 x 500||700 x 700|
|Photo Tie Collage||2 x 3||300 x 300||500 x 500||700 x 700|
|Coaster Set||3.75 x 3.75||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Coaster/Mug Set||4.25 x 4.25||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Hat||4 x 2||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Photo Mug||3.5 x 2.25||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Apron||5.5 x 5.5||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Keepsake Box||8.5 x 6.5||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Puzzle||6.7 x 6.7||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Stone Plaque||6 x 6||500 x 500||800 x 800||1000 x 1000|
|Canvas||8 x 10||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Coaster Puzzle||7.625 x 7.625||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|License Plate||6 x 12||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Mousepad||9.25 x 7.75||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Pillowcase||13 x 7.5||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Rectangle Photo Tin||6.125 x 8.25||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Round Photo Tin||7″||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|T-shirt/Sweatshirt||10 x 10||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Tote Bag||7.75 x 7.25||800 x 800||1000 x 1000||1200 x 1200|
|Canvas||11 x 14||1200 x 1600||1700 x 2100||2100 x 2800|
|Canvas||16 x 20||1200 x 1600||1700 x 2100||2100 x 2800|
|Canvas||18 x 24||1200 x 1600||1700 x 2100||2100 x 2800|
|Door Mat||18 x 24||1200 x 1600||1700 x 2100||2100 x 2800|
|Shoulder Bag||10 x 12.5||1200 x 1600||1700 x 2100||2100 x 2800|
* When scanning in photographs, please use a resolution of 300 dpi or higher. When taking digital images, set your camera at the highest possible resolution. You can always reduce the resolution later. Low-resolution images cannot be increased without loss of image quality.
* Your image will be reproduced as it appears. In some cases, we may crop the image for size, to fit the product you order. However, ProGiftSource.com will not color correct, retouch or otherwise crop your image. For the best results, we ask that you edit the photo with the online photo preview tool to the size and aspect ratio suggested in the product descriptions.
* Close-ups and images with bright colors will produce the best results.